Osteopaths apply a hands on approach for your health and wellbeing through manual techniques that balance all the systems in your body. An osteopathy treatment recognises the important link between your skeleton, joints, muscles, nerves, and circulation and so every patient is treated as an individual. Unlike some methods that only treat the pain area, osteopathy gently treats all areas of your body to balance and heal you as a whole. ReachHealth Clinic in Elsternwick can help you treat the source of your pain while naturally strengthening your entire body for the long-term.
Treatment techniques include:
- Osteoarticular corrections – realignment of your bones.
- Normalisation of myofascial tension – restores your muscles and tissue back to a normal balance.
- Muscle energy – muscle relaxation through muscle activation.
Who Benefits From Osteopathy?
You would seek osteopathic care for headaches, back pain, sciatica, shoulder pain, strains, sprains, , and other common musculoskeletal (muscle, bone, and tendon) issues. Conditions such as arthritis, tendonitis, migraines, disc bulges, joint disease, and irritable bowel syndrome have all shown positive results to osteopathic treatment.
How Does Osteopathy Benefit My Overall Health?
- Removes the underlying cause of tension.
- Increases range of motions in the joints.
- Treats spinal problems resulting from poor posture or spinal disk injuries.
- Decreases the stress on the joints.
- Reduces scars and adhesions.
- Treats trauma resulting from accidents (Sport injuries, Motor vehicle injuries).